Sunday, July 26, 2009

Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Buscuits
(My lab, Mosby the Grey Ghost, and my Chihuahua, Stonewall Jackson, have approved them 100%!)

Ingredients:

4 1/4 cups whole wheat flour, or as needed
2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
2 1/2 cups warm water
1/2 cup natural peanut butter

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Combine wheat flour and oats in large bowl. Stir in water and peanut butter. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface, mixing in more flour as needed until dough is smooth and no longer sticky. Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick. Cut with small cookie cutters into desired shapes, and place 3/4 inch apart on greased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 40 minutes. Turn oven off; leave biscuits in oven until completely cool.

May want to refrigerate to avoid molding.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going try this recipe. I sure my Chihuahua mix will LOVE it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I missed your comment somehow! My 8 year old makes these for our dogs all the time. We even take them to the neighbor dogs who also love them! We found a dog bone shaped cookie cutter at Michaels! :)

    ReplyDelete